Civilization 5 erhält einen neuen Patch, welcher die AI sowie die Diplomatie im Spiel verbessern soll. Bisher nannte Community Manager 2K Greg keinen Veröffentlichungstermin im offiziellen Forum des Spieles. Allerdings präsentiert er die Verbesserungen in einem Patchlog.
Demnach wird folgendes verbessert bzw. diese Fehler behoben:
- Worker AI improvements .
- Update to tactical AI pillaging code. Additionally, always check to make sure it's not trying to pillage in an enemy dominance zone.
- AI victory emphasis improvements (more efficient end-game when focusing on Science and Diplo victories).
- AI should colonize other continents regularly.
- AI will emphasize production of an Ocean going explorer unit when the time comes.
- Adjust Napoleon to make him more likely to go for culture.
- More aggressive second wave expansion (mostly off shore) after initial empire building and consolidation has occurred.
- Optimization when finding routes (pathfinder improvement).
- Multiple tweaks and bug fixes.
- AI will now build ranged and mobile units more in line with the flavor settings.
- Multiple defensive AI tweaks.
- Cities heal more quickly.
- Only allow one upgrade per unit from a goody hut.
- Tweaked the single-player score list to hide the civs of unmet ai players.
- AI's attitude towards you is now visible in the diplo screen and diplo drop-down.
- Added info tooltip for an AI leader's mood. Lists things that are making an AI player happy/upset.
- New diplo system: Declaration of Friendship (public declaration with diplomatic repercussions).
- New diplo system: Denounce (public declaration with diplomatic repercussions).
- New custom leader responses (Serious Expansion Warning, Aggressive Military, Luxury Exchange, Borders Exchange, Gift Request).
- Parent category counts now include counts of child categories.
- Selecting/deselecting a category now automatically selects/deselects it's children and its parent.
- Tweaked category name truncation to better fit names.
- Hide categories w/ no children and a count of 0.
- Added support for fallback languages (if mod is not translated, fall-back to English so text keys are not showing).
- Fixed save format which causes saves to increase the memory footprint of the game drastically when loading frequently over the course of the game.